Black Bean Salsa Dip
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans
- 1 med. onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. veg. oil
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 to 1 cup sour cream
Rinse and drain one can of the beans. Place undrained contents of remaining can of beans in blender or food processor and blend until smooth. In 10 in. skillet cook onion, green pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Add whole and pureed beans, salsa, cumin and salt and mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 12 to 15 minutes or until thickened. Stir in half the cilantro. Transfer dip to 9 in pie place or shallow baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Garnish with tomato, remaining cilantro and sour cream. Serve warm with chips and vegetable dippers.
Read Next3-Ingredient Colossal Hot Queso Dip
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use