Simple Banana Upside Down Cake
Simple dessert recipes are always fun to make. Enjoy Banana Upside Down Cake for a sweet, heavenly delight that will keep you coming back for more. This moist cake will become one of your favorites. It's a new spin on the classic pineapple upside down cake, so if you're in the mood to try something new, then try this. If you like banana desserts, then you will love this variation. Serve it at your next dinner party or potluck. Your guests will be pleasantly surprised with this delicious banana cake recipe.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 egg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon or orange peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt canola margarine in 9 x 9-inch (1.5 L) cake pan, placed in oven for two to three minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Stir in brown sugar. Arrange sliced bananas in a single layer in brown sugar mixture.
- Place egg, granulated sugar, banana chunks, canola oil, milk, vanilla extract and grated peel in food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add banana mixture to flour mixture. Stir until blended. Pour batter over bananas in cake pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan set on wire rack. Invert onto serving plate. Serve warm or cool. Best served on the same day.
Read NextStarbucks Lemon Loaf