This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Refreshing Pineapple Mango Salsa
"This beautiful pineapple mango salsa is definitely a must-make recipe. It is sweet, can be made a bit spicy if you choose to. Most of all it is bursting with fresh summery flavour – I could easily eat this whole recipe at once. It is seriously good and so refreshing as a side to any meat or fish. This Pineapple Mango Salsa is bursting with flavor – a fresh, slightly sweet and tnagy delicious salsa recipe with only fresh ingredients and should not be left out at any barbeque, garden party or picnic. "
* Since this recipe only uses 1/2 pineapple, you may wrap the other half ( skin on) refrigerated and use later for smoothies, salad or a snack) – it will be good and stay fresh for up to 4 days in the fridge.
* Make this salsa at least 1/2 hour or one hour prior to serving it and refrigerate (serve it really cool) for the best flavours.
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time5 min
- 1/2 medium pineapple (2 cups) ideally grilled
- 1 medium mango (1 cup)
- 6 large strawberries ( 1.5 cups)
- 1 medium red onion (1/2 cup)
- 15 leaves fresh mint
- 1 medium lime for juicing plus 3-4 slices to garnish
- 1 small chilli/jalapeno optional
- 1 pinch salt I used pink Himalayan
- 1 pinch black pepper freshly fround
Prepare all ingredients by washing, peeling and chopping or dicing. Cut into desired sixe, the smaller the better at getting a good mix in each spoonful.
In a larger glass bowl, mix all ingredients well.
Serve as a side to any meat kabobs, skewers, any grilled or barbequed meat, over tacos, burritos, as a salad, with chicken or fish…. whatever you can think of and desire!
Refrigerate in an air tight container. It will last 3 to 4 days (if it does).
Read NextChocolate Kisses Fudge