Baked Ricotta makes a flavorful and easy appetizer you can serve on toast points, pita bread or simple crackers. The spices and oil really bring out the creamy ricotta cheese.
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time1 hr
- 600 grams fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Sambal Oeleck or other chilli paste (optional)
- 6 sundried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
- 8 cloves of garlic, crushed
- good quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Place half of the ricotta cheese in the base of a 20cm shallow oven-proof serving dish and pat down.
- Scatter the sundried tomatoes, Sambal Oeleck, and half of the thyme and garlic evenly over the cheese. Cover this with the rest of the ricotta cheese and then spread over the remaining garlic and thyme. Add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour or until the top is golden.
- Allow to cool, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate or serve at room temperature. Use a flat knife to apply to water crackers or bread.