This is Bugs Bunny's favorite carrot cupcake recipe! He loves carrots and we do too, especially in desserts. This recipe is loaded with pecans, raisins, and coconut!
Cooking Time25 min
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and oil.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, allspice, and salt. Gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in carrots.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Frost the cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator.
- For frosting, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until combined.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar.
- Stir in coconut, pecans, and raisins.