Slow Cooker Potato and Ham Casserole
Filled with cheese, ham, and potatoes, this wonderful slow cooker recipe is cooked with a jalapeno for a little zip. Hearty and packed with flavor, it will become one of your favorites. There's no such thing as too much of a good thing.
Follow along with this recipe video tutorial and see how the dish is made:
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 pound ham, sliced of chopped
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can cream of tomato soup
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Layer ½ of leeks on the bottom of the slow cooker pot, then layer ½ of potatoes on top, then ½ of ham on top of potatoes, then 1 cup of cheese, then ½ amount of herbs and spices and ½ of jalapeno.
- Then repeat all the layering with the rest of ingredients in the same order.
- Pop the lid on and plug on high setting for 5 hours or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Read NextBeef Barbacoa