We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Including salt and pepper, it requires only 9 ingredients. If you are in a hurry to prepare this dish, literally just dump everything in your slow cooker, set it on low and go on with your day. I like to sear my meat before slow cooking, so here are the steps that I took to make this delicious Mississippi roast. First, rinse your roast and pat it dry. Then season each side of the beef with a little salt and pepper. Normally, I would tell you to season the meat generously with salt for more flavor. However, in this recipe, you want to take it easy on the salt because we are going to use both ranch dressing mix and au jus mix, which contain salt already. Next, sear the seasoned roast on the stove with butter. If you don’t have the time to do this step or you just feel lazy (Hey! No judgment. I can relate to that easily. :P), you just place the beef in your slow cooker and add the unmelted butter on top of it before cooking."
NotesRecipe adapted from Food.com
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time8 hr
- 3 pounds chuck roast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope au jus mix
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers or more if you like
- 1 cup diced carrots
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnishing
Rinse chuck roast and pat dry with paper towels. Season each side of the roast with a little salt and pepper.
In a large nonstick skillet. Melt butter over medium-high heat. Sear the roast in the skillet, about 30 seconds each side.
Transfer the roast into a 6-quart slow cooker with all the remaining butter. Sprinkle ranch dressing mix on top of the roast. Place pepperoncini peppers and carrots on top. Cover and set on low for 8 hours.
Dish and garnish with cilantro. Serve with mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Cheesy One Pot Hamburger Casserole is one of those easy weeknight meals you can make in a hurry when you have hungry mouths to… Continue reading: "Cheesy One Pot Hamburger Casserolevideocam"
- Easy Loaded Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
- Crazy Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- 12 Awesome All Day Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Paradise Chicken
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham
- Magic Slow Cooker Meatloaf
- Babushka's Slow Chicken
- Home-style Farmer's Chicken Dinner
- Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- Slow Cooked Angel Chicken
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- King Ranch Chicken (no Canned Soup)
- Seared Tuna Salad Niçoise
- Gouda Spinach Hasselback Chicken
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Baked Zucchini Chips Keto Friendly
- Easy Cinnamon Sugar
- Coronation Chicken Sweet Potato Jacket
- Chicken & Chorizo Paella
- Apple Scotch Eggs
- Keto Roast Chicken
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes