Fall Slow Cooker Pork Roast
The perfect seasonal roast, slow it down with slow cooker pork recipes. Make up this Fall Slow Cooker Pork Roast and breathe in those wonderful fall aromas, including apple cider.
Did you enjoy this slow cooker recipe? It was featured in 9 Excellent Slow Cooker Recipes for Supper, check it out for more easy slow cooker recipes.
Cooking Time9 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 3 pounds pork roast
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 Granny Smith apple cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade, optional
Two days before:
- Trim visible fat from roast.
- Make slits in the roast and insert garlic pieces.
- Place pork roast in a large plastic zippered bag.
- Pour orange juice over and place onions around meat.
- Seal bag, removing as much air as possible. Place in refrigerator.
- Remove roast from bag, drain and reserve onions, discard marinade juices.
- Place roast in slow cooker. Put reserved onions and apple wedges on top and around roast.
- Pour apple cider over and top with orange marmalade.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours. Remove meat and slice.
- Discard cooking juices, onions and apple.