Slow Cooker Dressing
Thanksgiving dinner is not complete without stuffing or dressing. For an easy, out-of-the-bird recipe, try Slow Cooker Dressing. This homemade cornbread dressing recipe is delicious and goes well with turkey. It's light and fluffy, and everything that dressing is supposed to be. While it's cooking in the slow cooker, you're free to work on another Thanksgiving side dish, such as cranberry sauce or corn pudding. That's why slow cooker recipes are so convenient around the holidays. Not to mention, it frees up room in your oven.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 (8-inch) pan premade cornbread, crumbled
- 8 slices day-old bread, cubed and toasted
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sage or poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Lightly grease slow cooker. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place bread cubes on sprayed or greased baking sheet. Bake bread cubes for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cubes are crispy and slightly browned. Toss the bread cubes regularly on the pan so they cook on all sides.
- Crumble cornbread into slow cooker crock (insert). Add chopped onion and celery to cornbread and stir to combine in the slow cooker. Add toasted bread cubes to cornbread mixture and toss to combine. After beating eggs, add cream of chicken soup to the eggs and stir until thoroughly blended. Add pepper and seasoning to egg and soup mixture and stir until thoroughly blended. Pour liquid mixture into dry mixture in your slow cooker and toss all ingredients until mixture is coated evenly. Pat down the stuffing mixture so it's evenly distributed throughout your slow cooker insert. Dot top surface of stuffing mixture with butter.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 hours or on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Slow Cooker"
Discover hundreds of free slow cooker recipes! Cooking has never been so effortless (or so delicious).
Subscribe FREE to Quick & Easy Recipes from RecipeLion.com!
There are no records