Slow Cooker Mac 'n' Cheese
The only thing better than mac and cheese is when it's made in your slow cooker!
It's hard to beat a comfort food like mac and cheese. The only way we can think of is to make it even easier! That's why we came up with this Slow Cooker Mac n Cheese recipe. Just throw these ingredients in your slow cooker, and you'll be on your way to a warm, cozy side dish that will have people coming back for more. Bring this mac and cheese to your next family gathering or even to Thanksgiving, and people will be asking you where you got the recipe.
From the Chef :Whenever I see a buffet spread, I like to hit up the mac 'n' cheese first to make sure I don't run out of valuable plate real estate. This mac 'n' cheese dish has a hint of paprika, giving it a smoky flavor. A fun twist on the traditional version I remember from being a kid.
- Addie Gundry
This recipe is from RecipeLion's 103 Cookbook series, Essential Slow Cooker Recipes: 103 Fuss-Free Slow Cooker Meals Everyone Will Love.
PLUS! Enter to win the Microplane 4pc Short Grater Set with Glove Giveaway as part of our 10 Days of Thanks Giveaway as well as our 10 Days Grand Prize!
Preparation Time20 min
Slow Cooker Time LOW2 hr
- 1 (16-ounce) box cellentani, cavatappi, or fusilli pasta
- 3 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, plus more for garnish
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Enter for a chance to win the Microplane Elite Series 4-Piece Grater Set Giveaway during the 10 Days of Thanks! This giveaway runs until November 18th and you can receive an extra entry by commenting below on this page. Be sure to also check out the grand prize giveaway featuring all the daily prizes in the 10 Days of Thanks!
Spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until about 90% cooked. It will finish cooking in the slow cooker. Drain well.
Place the noodles in the slow cooker. Top with the remaining ingredients. Cook on Low for 2 hours.
Remove the lid and stir to combine. Sprinkle with additional paprika and serve warm.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of November 19th, 2018.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until November 18th, 2018 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What toppings do you like to add to mac and cheese?
Let us know below in the comments!