Pot Roast With Noodles
This tasty pot roast is an easy way to make a restaurant quality meal at home. The secret to this pot roast is the quick-cooking tapioca which both adds a sweetness and serves as a moistener for this delicious dish.
Cooking Time6 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 14 ounces can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 6 ounces can Italian-style tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces wide noodles, cooked
- In a large skillet, brown roast on all sides in hot oil. Transfer to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and bay leaf; pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours or on High for 5 to 6 hours. Discard bay leaf. Cut meat up and serve over hot cooked noodles.
Read NextAmazing Slow Cooker Swiss Steak