Pot Roast With Noodles
This tasty pot roast is an easy way to make a restaurant quality meal at home. The secret to this pot roast is the quick-cooking tapioca which both adds a sweetness and serves as a moistener for this delicious dish.
Cooking Time6 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 14 ounces can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 6 ounces can Italian-style tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces wide noodles, cooked
- In a large skillet, brown roast on all sides in hot oil. Transfer to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and bay leaf; pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours or on High for 5 to 6 hours. Discard bay leaf. Cut meat up and serve over hot cooked noodles.
Read NextSaucy Angel Chicken
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.