Very Best Chocolate Biscotti
Nothing says "love" like chocolate recipes, and these biscotti definitely fill the bill. Make a batch for dessert or for snacking, and feel the love from everyone who eats them. Who needs a box of chocolates for Valentine's Day when you have biscotti like these?
Cooking Time35 min
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda in small bowl and set aside.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, eggs, butter, and almond extract until creamy.
- Gradually add flour mixture until well mixed, then stir in almonds.
- Divide dough in half and shape into 2 foot-long rolls, flattening slightly.
- Place in greased 15½ x 10½-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 15 minutes, then cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices and return to pan with the cut sides down.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350F degrees then cool on wire rack.
Read NextGiant Chocolate Chip Cookie