Flourless Dark Chocolate Cookies
These gluten-free cookies are decadent and delicious. Flourless Dark Chocolate Cookies have a crunchy outside that contains a rich and gooey dark chocolate center. Gluten-free cookie recipes never tasted so good.
Cooking Time10 min
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Melt 1 cup dark chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave, stirring twice. (About 2 minutes.) Allow to cool slightly while you prepare the eggs.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1 cup powdered sugar. Continue beating until the mixture is soft and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 cup of sugar, the cocoa powder, and the salt until blended. On low speed, beat the dry ingredients into the meringue.
- Beat in the melted chocolate and then stir in the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips. (The dough will be very stiff at this point.)
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar in a bowl. Roll 1 rounded tablespoon of dough into a ball and roll it in the powdered sugar. Place on the parchment lined sheet pan. Space the dough balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes. Cool on the sheet pan for another 10 minutes before transferring it to a rack to cool. Makes about 18 cookies.