Big Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you're looking for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe, look no further. This Big Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is packed full of sweetness, giving scrumptious a new definition. Enjoy!
Cook an extra minute or two for crisper cookies. Store in airtight container.
Think this chocolate chip cookie recipe was irresistible? Then you must check out these other 17 Fabulous Ideas for Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Cooking Time14 min
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in large bowl in microwave (or over the stove) about 1 minute on high. Cool to lukewarm.
- Add brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, eggs and egg yolk whisking to blend.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda and powder in that order stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Dough will be stiff. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts if using, until evenly distributed.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop out dough not quite filling the cup. Do not flatten.
- Place cookies at least 2 inches apart. This usually makes 6 cookies on a 11 x 17 cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 14 minutes and then check to see if they are done. They are done when edges are light brown and the centers are still soft.
- Cool the cookies on the parchment paper on a flat surface or leave on cookie sheet to cool. Use 2 cookie sheets rotating.
Read NextLemon Sugar Cookie Recipe