Double Chocolate Coal Cookies
Don't forget the folks on the naughty list! Double Chocolate Coal Cookies look just like lumps of coal, but they are extremely chocolatey. These double chocolate chip cookies are a tasty way to play a Christmas prank on your friends and family!
3 dozen cookies
Cooking Time13 min
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus extra for rolling the cookies in
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour and baking soda, set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to cream butter. Add vanilla, granulated sugar and dark brown sugar, and beat until fluffy.
- Beat an egg into the butter mixture. At low speed, beat in cocoa powder and then milk.
- Using a spoon, mix flour and baking soda into the butter mixture, just until blended.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- If desired, roll dough into 1-inch balls and toss in cocoa powder. This will make them look more like coal. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-13 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before removing from baking sheets.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.