Tasty Tannenbaum Biscuits
These tasty tannenbaum biscuits are the perfect addition to your holiday table. As cute Christmas cookies go, these rank at the top. They're fun to make, use and eat. Bake a batch with your family and enjoy!
Cooking Time10 min
- 150 grams butter, softened
- 225 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 350 grams plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground mixed spice
- Combine the butter and sugar.
- Slowly add the eggs and beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and spice and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and chill for about 1 hour minimum.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C / 350 degrees F / Gas 4.
- Carefully roll out the mixture on a floured surface and using Christmas biscuit cutters, cut out various shapes.
- Using a skewer, make holes at the top of the shape to thread ribbons through.
- Place on greased baking sheets and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. When cool, thread with Christmas ribbons, decorate with icing and hang on your Christmas tree.