Cranberry Hootycreeks Cookies In A Jar
Pretty, festive and easy to make, Cranberry Hootycreeks make a welcome holiday cookie-in-a-jar gift. Layer flour mix with oats, dried cranberries, white chocolate chips and chopped nuts for a pretty jar gift.
For more great jar recipes and gift ideas, check out our Mason Jar Recipes eBook.
- 1 1/8 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, uncooked
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate baking chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Sift flour before measuring.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Layer 1/2 the flour mixture in the bottom of a 1-quart canning jar, then add oats to the jar.
- Continue layering the remaining ingredients: Flour mixture, granulated sugar, brown sugar (tamp tightly), dried cranberries, white chocolate baking chips, and chopped nuts.
- Seal the jar.
- Create and attach a gift tag with the recipe instructions below:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together 1/2 cup
softened butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla
until fluffy. Add contents of jar, and mix until
Drop rounded tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until
edges start to brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Makes 18-24 cookies.
Read NextPerfect Peanut Butter Snowballs