Classic Cranberry Sauce
You pretty much have to have cranberry sauce as part of your holiday spread, so why not make this great recipe for Classic Cranberry Sauce? This recipe is so easy to make, you'll never want to buy canned cranberry sauce again! A good way to test whether or not the sauce is thick enough is to set your spoon on top of the sauce. If it sinks, it needs more time. If the sauce is thick enough to support your spoon, you know the sauce is just about done. If you're feeding a big crowd, double the recipe.
Create the perfect Thanksgiving meal with our free eCookbook, 22 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: A Traditional Thanksgiving Menu From RecipeLion.
- 12 ounces bag cranberries (2 cups frozen)
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup Agave syrup
- Combine cranberries, water and agave syrup in a medium saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce temperature to simmer for about 10 minutes. Cranberries will pop.
- Stir until sauce thickens (about 10 to 15 minutes), and remove from heat. (If you can rest your spoon on top of the sauce without it sinking, then you know the sauce is done).
- Chill and store in an airtight container or serve warm.
Orange Cranberry Sauce:
Exchange 1/2 cup water for orange juice in the
Classic Recipe and add 2 tsp. of orange zest.
Lemon Cranberry Sauce:
Exchange 1/4 cup lemon juice for 1/4 water in
the Classic Recipe and 2 tsp. of lemon zest.
Pomegranate Cranberry Sauce:
Add 1/4 cup of pomegranate seeds to the