Soft Chocolate Cake
Soft chocolate cakes are the perfect individual cakes to serve at the end of a dinner party or as a fancy Valentine's Day dessert. They are delicious and impressive, but only take minutes to make.
Cooking Time7 min
- 1/2 cup butter, plus more for buttering molds
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour, plus more for dusting
- In the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, heat the butter and chocolate together until the chocolate is almost completely melted. While that's heating, beat together the eggs, yolks, and sugar with a whisk or electric beater until light and thick.
- Beat together the melted chocolate and butter; it should be quite warm. Pour in the egg mixture, then quickly beat in the flour, just until combined.
- Butter and lightly flour four 4-ounce molds, custard cups, or ramekins. Tap out excess flour, then butter and flour them again. Divide the batter among the molds.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Bake the molds on a tray for 6-7 minutes; the center will still be quite soft, but the sides will be set.
- Invert each mold onto a plate and let sit for about 10 seconds. Unmold by lifting up one corner of the mold; the cake will fall out onto the plate. Serve immediately.