Brownie Heart Cake
This cake is perfect for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day. The adorable brownie cake is a delicious and romantic dessert to share with a loved one. This is also great to make for a kids Valentine's Day party.
For more great Valentine's Day recipes, click here to view and download our new Valentine's Day eCookbook!
- 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup toasted chopped almonds
- 1/4 pound white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Sliced almonds
- Grease 5 cup heart shaped pan; dust with unsweetened cocoa powder and set aside.
- In bowl, blend together brown sugar, butter and vanilla; add eggs, one at a time, beating well with wooden spoon after each addition.
- Sift together flour, cocoa and salt; add all at once to creamed mixture, mixing just until blended. Stir in nuts; spread in prepared pan. Loosely cover tip of heart with foil to prevent from drying out.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until just barely firm to the touch. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes; turn out onto rack and let cool completely.
- On top of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water, melt white chocolate with butter. (Alternatively, in microwaveable dish, microwave at Medium/50% for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened.) Remove from heat and let cool slightly; stir in sour cream until smooth and blended.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes; spread smoothly over sides then top of cooled cake. Sprinkle cocoa in attractive pattern on top of cake. Arrange almonds around top edge.