Stupid Oven "Fried" Chicken
You may think you aren't the best cook, but thanks to easy chicken recipes like this one no one else will think that! It really doesn't get much more maintenance free than this Stupid Oven "Fried" Chicken. It's stupid easy, silly.
- 1 chicken, cut-up
- 1 1/2 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour, bread crumbs and spices together in medium sized paper or plastic bag. Beat eggs in separate dish and set aside.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg then shake two or three pieces at a time in bag. Put coated chicken skin side down in greased pan.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes, then turn over, reduce heat to 350 degrees F, and continue baking for another 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with biscuits, mashed potatoes and gravy.