Creamy Chicken Piccata
For a fun and delicious twist on a traditional chicken piccata recipe, try this version that uses an Alfredo sauce. This simple recipe for Creamy Chicken Piccata always earns rave reviews and is a great way to switch things up when you're tired of making the same old chicken recipes again and again. If you love dinners with creamy sauces, you're sure to go crazy for this yummy chicken piccata dish. Give it a try for supper tonight!
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time20 min
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pound thin-sliced skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine or water
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (14.5 ounces) Prego® Alfredo Sauce-Homestyle Alfredo
- 1/2 of a 1-pound package penne pasta, cooked and drained
Stir the flour, salt and black pepper on a plate. Coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken in batches and cook for 10 minutes or until browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet, cover and keep warm.
Stir the lemon juice, wine and capers in the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring to scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in the sauce and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve the sauce mixture with the chicken and penne.