Made with beans, tomatoes and spicy shrimp this Pumpkin Succotash brings a whole new flavor to the fall season. To explore interesting cuisine and pumpkin recipes this succotash is a must to make.
Cooking Time50 min
- 1/4 cup dried black beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1/4 cup kidney beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1/4 cup dried pinto beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1/2 cup dried lima beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1/2 cup pureed tomatoes, strained
- 1 small pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons majoram, minced
- 1/2 salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- Combine the beans, pureed tomatoes, pumpkin, chicken broth and marjoram in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until the beans are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, combine the chili flakes and oil in a large cast iron skillet. Heat until smoking. Add the shrimp.
- Saute over high heat until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir the shrimp in the simmer stew.
- Divide among 4 bowls, garnish with the coriander. Serve immediately.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.