Beyond Easy King Ranch Casserole
There's a reason this casserole is called "The King." This easy king ranch casserole is super simple to make and tastes amazing. Once you try this recipe for Beyond Easy King Ranch Casserole, you'll have your new go-to dinner recipe! This is one of those budget casserole recipes that you won't have to fuss over to make. Just combine ingredients you may already have at home, like cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, chili powder, tomatoes, cubed chicken, corn tortillas, Cheddar cheese and green onions. All you need from here is a jar of picante sauce, which you can pick up at any grocery store, and you're good to go! This is one casserole recipe that "rules" every time.
Get more easy dinner ideas in this collection of Campbell's Kitchen recipes.
Serves8 (about 1 cup each)
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time40 min
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 3/4 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 12 corn tortillas (6-inch), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- sliced green onion
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Stir the soup, picante sauce, sour cream, chili powder, tomatoes and chicken in a medium bowl.
Place half the tortillas in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Top with half the chicken mixture. Repeat the layers. Sprinkle with the cheese.
Bake for 40 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Sprinkle with the green onion. Serve with additional picante sauce and sour cream.