Mama's Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
This budget-friendly casserole recipe is a family favorite. Made with loads of cheese and ham, the casserole is mixed with sour cream and baked to perfection. Kid tested and family approved, it's comfort food at it's finest.
- 1 (26-ounces) bag of shredded hash brown potatoes
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 can (10.5-ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16-ounces) package of cubed ham
- 1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir all the ingredients together. Place into a lightly greased casserole dish (9 x 13 in). This is optional but you can add a bit more cheese on top if you like.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool and serve.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Jan 14, 2018
My mom actually makes a delicious breakfast casserole just like this one so I think the name is very appropriate! Her's is a little different it has a bottom layer of shredded hash browns and then a layer of eggs, ham or bacon, cheese, and cream cheese! I'm very intrigued by the cream of chicken soup so will forward this recipe to my own Mama to try!
Sep 23, 2017
I love dishes like this. Anything with cheese and potatoes is fine in my book. I was intrigued by the idea below of putting the ingredients (without ham) on top of a layer of ground beef. I think that would work very well, though I'd like to try it with the ham first. Bacon also sounds like a good substitution for the ham, though the combination of ground beef and bacon would be good too.
Aug 25, 2017
Hash browns are foreign to Africa so after Googling what they are I replaced the hash brown potatoes with sweet potatoes (because that is what we had). The dish is wonderfully warming and filling. The sour cream brings a delightful flavor to the sauce and it is a really good dish for the whole family.
Jan 20, 2013
You can also add some French's onion rings on the top at the last 5 minutes and broil them, but they'll burn if you don't watch them.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use