Fall Vegetable Casserole
Warm, hearty and nutritious, this great casserole recipe is a wonderful way to use your autumn garden and capture the flavors of the season. Use whatever fall vegetables you have on hand, and try it with shrimp or chicken.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cups mixed fall vegetables cut into bite-size pieces (carrots, parsnips, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 each Stonyfield organic low fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and vegetables in oil for 15-20 minutes.
- Place cooked vegetables in a colander to drain excess moisture and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine yogurt, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cheddar cheese and fold together. Fold in vegetables.
- Pour into casserole dish and cover with breadcrumbs, press down on top of casserole to even out. Bake for 25-35 minutes.
Read NextOlive Garden Eggplant Parmigiana