Creamy Zucchini Casserole
Not only is this zucchini casserole recipe the creamiest you'll find, it's also probably the easiest and fastest. At our house, we cook it fast and eat it even faster, because it's so delicious!
- For more delectable zucchini casserole recipes, click here.
- Learn how to freeze zucchini and get even more fantastic zucchini recipes in our article 15 Zippy Zucchini Recipes: How to Make Use of Summer's Bounty.
Cooking Time20 min
- 2 pounds zucchini, sliced (3 medium)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cook zucchini in a small amount of boiling salted water until tender-crisp.
- Drain and place in greased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Meanwhile, melt the 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Stir in sour cream, cheese, salt and paprika; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in egg yolk and chives.
- Stir into zucchini.
- Toss crumbs with the 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Place over zucchini.
- Bake in moderate oven (350F degrees) for 20 minutes.