Country Potluck Corn Bake
What do you take to a good old-fashioned southern potluck? Easy casserole recipes always wins! This recipe for Country Potluck Corn Bake has been a family favorite at my house for years. Pair this up with some fried chicken and you can't go wrong with a crowd.
- 1 can (17-ounce) whole kernel yellow corn
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 3 eggs - separated
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup crushed ritz crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine milk and butter in a pot. Bring to a boil. Slowly stir in the cornmeal. Bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Stir in egg yolks, baking powder, salt, cayenne pepper, green onions and corn.
Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the corn mixture.
Pour into a greased 1 quart baking dish. Mix melted butter and ritz crackers. Spread over top of casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.