Busy Day Ham Casserole
With the combination of ham, potatoes and biscuits you can't get much better than this Busy Day Ham Casserole. Plus it's all in the name; add this dish to your list of delicious easy casserole recipes to make again and again.
Cooking Time30 min
- 1 1/2 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 1 cup potatoes, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup canned green beans
- 1 tablespoon flour
- your favorite biscuit recipe (like Bisquick)
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the ham in a small amount of oil and then add the potatoes, carrots, and enough water so they don’t stick while cooking.
- Cook until tender and then add the peas, green beans, and just enough boiling water to cover them.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together the flour with enough cold water to make a very thin paste. Add this to the meat and vegetables while stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture into a large casserole or baking dish with sides that give plenty of room for mixture to bubble up while baking.
- Drop prepared biscuit dough (to which you add the cheese, parsley, and salt and pepper) on top of the casserole and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until done (iit's usually done when it's bubbling and lightly browned).