Beef and Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers
Beef and Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers is a tasty stuffed peppers recipe seasoned with tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, garlic, and onion. Stuffed peppers make a great meal. Not only do they taste good, but they look nice as well. It's not that they look perfect; but when you serve something in a bell pepper, it's going to make a statement. The ground beef and rice combo is terrific, and it will make you want to go back to this recipe again and again.
For more stuffed pepper recipes, check out our full collection here!
Cooking Time1 hr 45 min
- 3 large green peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1-28 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup Kraft Original BBQ sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons green pepper, chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the peppers in half and clean out the seeds.
- Trim each half a little to make the 2 tablespoons of chopped pepper.
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Cover peppers with water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Bring to boil, turn down heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Drain and cool peppers.
- Meanwhile, mix tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, garlic powder, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup sauce mixture to ground beef and mix well.
- Mix the chopped onion, 2 tablespoons chopped peppers, and rice with the meat mixture.
- Place the pepper halves in a greased casserole and spoon the meat mixture equally in the halves, pressing it firmly.
- Pour remaining sauce over peppers and bake uncovered 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours. If you have any extra sauce, put a little on top of the peppers after 45 minutes of baking.