Cowboy Candy Bars
If you're looking for easy halloween candy recipes to make with your kids, check out this recipe for Cowboy Candy Bars. Made with crunchy peanut butter, oatmeal and chocolate chips, this is a rootin', tootin' good candy bar!
Cooking Time10 min
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (6-ounce) package of chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix oatmeal, butter, corn syrup and sugar as for a pie crust.
- Pat in bottom of a greased 9-inch x 13-inch pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes and let cool.
- Melt chocolate chips and add 3/4 cup of peanut butter.
- Spread over baked layer. Refrigerate.
- Cut in squares before completely hardened.