Pumpkin Dump Cake
Dump cake recipes are great when you need a quick and easy dessert that taste great and is ready in minutes. Pumpkin Dump Cake is great for the fall season, but can be made any time of year. Made with cake mix and a touch of added cinnamon, brown sugar, and nutmeg, its moist texture and delicious flavor will win you over. Enjoy for a great after dinner treat or with a cup of coffee in the morning. Best fresh out of the oven, you don't want to miss this fabulous cake recipe.
- If you do not have pumpkin pie spice mix, combine 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 teaspoon ginger and a pinch of ground cloves. Use 3 teaspoons of this mixture in the recipe.
For more pumpkin recipes, try our collection, 27 of Our Best Canned Pumpkin Recipes + 6 Fantastic Fresh Pumpkin Recipes.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 1 large can of pumpkin
- 1 can (12-ounce) nonfat evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (18.25-ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until beaten, then whisk in the sugar, and spices. Stir in the pumpkin and then the milk until smooth and well mixed. Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly on top and pour the butter over it to moisten all of the cake mix. Top with the pecans and bake for 55- 60 minutes until the center is no longer “jiggly."
- Cool completely before cutting to serve.