Easy Yellow Sheet Cake with Chocolate Frosting
When you have a lot of mouths to feed, such as at a birthday party or family get-together, a sheet cake goes a long way. Easy Yellow Sheet Cake with Chocolate Frosting will leave you wondering why you ever settled for a box mix. It's not hard to make, and this way you can say you made it from scratch! Top this yellow cake recipe with a creamy and delicious milk chocolate frosting that comes together in seconds in your food processor.
If you do not have cake flour, measure out 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour. Remove 5 tablespoons of the flour and replace it with 5 tablespoons of cornstarch. Sift together.
Cake recipe courtesy of Baking Bites.
- For the Cake:
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened and cut into tablespoons
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- For the Frosting:
- 2 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered suger
- 3/4 cup dutch-processed cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled slighlty
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the bottom only of a 13x9 inch pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into the bowl of your mixer. Add the sugar and butter and mix on low for about 1-2 minutes, until the mixture looks like sand.
- In a large measuring cup, combine the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Beat lightly with a fork.
- With the mixer on low, pour 1 cup of the egg mixture into the flour mixture. Turn the speed up to medium and beat for about a minute. Add the remaining mixture and beat on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping the sides as needed.
- Pour into your prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool 30 minutes before frosting.
Directions for the frosting:
- In a food processor, process the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt until smooth.
- Add the corn syrup and vanilla and then scrape the sides.
- Add the milk chocolate and pulse until smooth and creamy.