Easy Yellow Sheet Cake with Chocolate Frosting
When you have a lot of mouths to feed, such as at a birthday party or family get-together, a sheet cake goes a long way. Easy Yellow Sheet Cake with Chocolate Frosting will leave you wondering why you ever settled for a box mix. It's not hard to make, and this way you can say you made it from scratch! Top this yellow cake recipe with a creamy and delicious milk chocolate frosting that comes together in seconds in your food processor.
If you do not have cake flour, measure out 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour. Remove 5 tablespoons of the flour and replace it with 5 tablespoons of cornstarch. Sift together.
Cake recipe courtesy of Baking Bites.
- For the Cake:
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened and cut into tablespoons
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- For the Frosting:
- 2 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered suger
- 3/4 cup dutch-processed cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled slighlty
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the bottom only of a 13x9 inch pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into the bowl of your mixer. Add the sugar and butter and mix on low for about 1-2 minutes, until the mixture looks like sand.
- In a large measuring cup, combine the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Beat lightly with a fork.
- With the mixer on low, pour 1 cup of the egg mixture into the flour mixture. Turn the speed up to medium and beat for about a minute. Add the remaining mixture and beat on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping the sides as needed.
- Pour into your prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool 30 minutes before frosting.
Directions for the frosting:
- In a food processor, process the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt until smooth.
- Add the corn syrup and vanilla and then scrape the sides.
- Add the milk chocolate and pulse until smooth and creamy.
Read NextStrawberry Poke Cake
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Jan 12, 2012
it needs 1 cup of milk per http://bakingbites.com/2005/10/happy-birthday-to-me/
Jan 11, 2012
But you are missing the amount of milk goes in the receipe.
Jan 11, 2012
you are missing the amount of milk that goes into the cake receipe. How much Milk please? please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use