Coca Cola Carrot Cake
Even the Easter Bunny loves coca cola, so treat him to this delicious fusion of his two favorites. This homemade cola recipe will surprise you with its new and tasty flavor. Use coca cola or any other kind of cola that you prefer. Perfect for spring!
Cooking Time50 min
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups raw carrots, grated
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 cup coconut, flaked
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 6 tablespoons Coca-Cola
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Beat the eggs well; add sugar, oil, 3/4 cup cola, and vanilla and beat well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until smooth, then add the carrots, nuts and coconut. Mix well.
- Bake in a greased and lightly floured 13 x 9 pan in a preheated 350~F oven for 40-50 minutes, until cake tests done.
- Remove from oven and prick hot cake all over with a fork, then pour the cola syrup slowly, evenly over the top.
- Serve warm or room temperature with lightly sweetened-vanilla flavored whipped cream.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, cola, butter and corn syrup in saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil, stirring, until thick and syrupy, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla extract. Remove from heat and pour, hot, over hot cake.
Read NextTriple Chocolate Mousse Cake