Mexican Style Tortilla Breakfast Casserole
Mexican-Style Tortilla Breakfast Casserole is a spicy and hearty breakfast casserole recipe, filled with tortillas, ham, cheese and topped off with chile powder. It's sure to wake you up!
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8 slices ham
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 whole green chiles
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- Mild red chile powder or paprika
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Roll a slice of ham, strip of cheese and chile in a tortilla.
- Put in a casserole dish.
- Make the white sauce.
- Add butter and flour in sauce pan.
- Cook together a few minutes and add milk.
- Cook, stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Pour the sauce over the tortilla rolls.
- Top with cheddar cheese and chile powder.
- Bake 40 min at 350 degrees F.