Easy Biscuits and Gravy
If you're running late for work and still want a breakfast staple this Easy Biscuits and Gravy is a must. There is no reason to waste away the most important meal of the day when you have the easiest of all biscuits and sausage gravy recipes handy.
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons shortening or lard
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 package of large Pillsbury dough biscuits
- Fry up the sausage in a large frying pan, break up into little bits.
- Add the shortening and stir in. now stir in the flour. Add milk (about 1/2 quart) and cook or thin until it is a nice gravy thickness (set aside and keep warm).
- Cook biscuits according to package. Serve sausage gravy on top of biscuits add some salt and pepper as desired.
Read NextMonte Cristo Brunch Sliders