Brown Sugar Banana Nut Muffins
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Boy, oh boy, these Brown Sugar Banana Nut Muffins are moist, nutty and ridiculously delicious! They're sweetened with ripe bananas and rich brown sugar, and loaded with walnuts too."
Spraying the muffin tin and papers should prevent the muffins from sticking to the pan. But if they do stick a little, run a knife around the edges and gently remove. If you're using frozen and thawed bananas, you won't need to mash them because they will come out of the peels very soft and mushy and will blend into the batter nicely. Use my toothpick tip (link in post) to make sure the muffins are done but not over-baked.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time30 min
Cooking Vessel Size12 Count Muffin Tin
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose or unbleached
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (reserve 1/4 cup for the tops)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with papers and spray with baking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat well, about a minute.
Add frozen and thawed bananas, or overripe mashed bananas, to the creamed butter, sugar, and eggs mixture, and mix until blended.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend on low, just until the flour disappears.
Stir in 1 cup of the chopped nuts.
Use a large (3 oz) cookie scooper to place the batter into the prepared muffin tins lined with papers. Then place a few pieces of chopped walnuts on top of each muffin.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown, slightly cracked and firm, but still a little soft in the center.
Set aside to cool for 5 minutes, then remove the muffins from the tins and cool on a rack.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
If you're looking for a dish that's packed with protein and is super easy to make, look no further than this recipe for Slow Cooked… Continue reading: "Slow Cooked Southern Steakvideocam"
- Make Ahead Blueberry Muffins
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip French Toast Casserole
- Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Spanish Potato Omelette
- Grandma's Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- Cast Iron Skillet Texas Hash Recipe
- Southern Johnny Cakes
- Cheddar, Chive and Bacon Biscuits
- Easy Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- Texas Huevos Rancheros Skillet
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Chicken Drumsticks With Puff Pastry
- Quick Peanut Chutney
- Chettinad Chicken Chops Recipe
- Low Carb Spanakopita Recipe (low Carb Spinach Quiche)
- Keto Feta And Spinach Omelette For Egg Haters
- Keto Chocolate Truffles Recipe (healthy Keto Bliss Balls Low Carb)
- Chettinad Crab Masala
- Madurai Mutton Kheema Kari Dosa
- Healthy Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- Chicken And Dumpling Soup
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes