Brown Sugar Banana Nut Muffins
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Boy, oh boy, these Brown Sugar Banana Nut Muffins are moist, nutty and ridiculously delicious! They're sweetened with ripe bananas and rich brown sugar, and loaded with walnuts too."
Yields: 12 Muffins
Cooking Vessel Size: 12 Count Muffin Tin
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose or unbleached
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (reserve 1/4 cup for the tops)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with papers and spray with baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat well, about a minute.
- Add frozen and thawed bananas, or overripe mashed bananas, to the creamed butter, sugar, and eggs mixture, and mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend on low, just until the flour disappears.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chopped nuts.
- Use a large (3 oz) cookie scooper to place the batter into the prepared muffin tins lined with papers. Then place a few pieces of chopped walnuts on top of each muffin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown, slightly cracked and firm, but still a little soft in the center.
- Set aside to cool for 5 minutes, then remove the muffins from the tins and cool on a rack.
Spraying the muffin tin and papers should prevent the muffins from sticking to the pan. But if they do stick a little, run a knife around the edges and gently remove. If you're using frozen and thawed bananas, you won't need to mash them because they will come out of the peels very soft and mushy and will blend into the batter nicely. Use my toothpick tip (link in post) to make sure the muffins are done but not over-baked.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Grandma's Magic Custard Cake
- Sunday Beef Pot Roast
- Mutton Kabab
- White Chocolate Cheesecake With Strawberries
- Lemon and Raspberry Cheesecake
- Curd Lamb Curry
- Indian-Spiced Chicken With Chickpea (Kabuli Channa)
- Slow Cooked Chili con Carne
- Keto Cheesecake
- 30 Minute Potato Corn Chowder
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes