Old-fashioned Boston Brown Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"A quick, easy version of old-fashioned Boston Brown Bread! Studded with raisins, this sweet brown bread is dense, moist and full of rich molasses flavor. Top a slice with cream cheese for breakfast, make tea sandwiches for snack, or add it to the bread basket for your next family dinner. You only need one bowl and about 10 minutes of prep -- no coffee cans required! Not to be confused with brown yeast breads like pumpernickel or those sweet loaves you get at Outback or Cheesecake Factory, this brown soda bread is a quick bread traditionally steamed in coffee cans. Since most of us don't buy coffee grounds in cans anymore, I wanted to create an updated version of old-fashioned Boston Brown Bread that's made in a loaf pan -- just like banana bread or pumpkin bread. "
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time45 min
Cooking Vessel Size8 x 5 loaf pan
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This delicious hot milk sponge cake was made famous in the 1950s, but is still completely delicious now. Hot milk might not sound the… Continue reading: "Made Famous by the 50s Cakevideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Garlic And Rosemary Pork Chops
- Biscoff Swirled Cookies
- Woodlife Ranch Products
- Cranberry Mimosa
- Kieffles Cookie Recipe
- Sour Apple Cooler
- Glazed Eggnog Bread
- Butter Tart Waffles
- Easy Air Fryer Pop Tarts
- Easy Christmas Sprinkle Cookies
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes