Texas Style Pot Roast
Everything's bigger in Texas they say, same goes for the flavor in this awesome oven pot roast recipe. For your next big dinner make up this Texas Style Pot Roast, the family will love it.
Cooking Time3 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 4 pounds boneless chuck roast
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 onions, quartered
- 3/4 cup canned tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth, water, or tomato juice
- 6 carrots, cut in 2
- Rub the roast with salt, pepper, and flour. In a Dutch oven, brown the meat on all sides in hot oil.
- Pour off most of fat and add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, onions, and tomatoes.
- Cover and cook slowly, adding broth, water, or tomato juice as necessary, for about 2 hours.
- Add the carrots and cover. Cook about 1 hour longer, or until meat and carrots are tender.
Read NextBeef Bourguignon