Classic Beef Stroganoff
On the table in just 30 minutes, this scrumptious dish features hot noodles topped with a mouthwatering combination of beef sirloin strips, onion and a creamy mushroom sauce. Make this Classic Beef Stroganoff dish from Campbell's Kitchen for dinner tonight and your family will be raving about its amazing flavor. This is by far one of the best beef stroganoff recipes we've come across.
For more easy dinner ideas like this one, check out our collection of recipes from Campbell's here.
Serves4 (about 1 cup each)
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time20 min
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak or beef top round steak, 3/4-inch thick, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- medium egg noodles, cooked
- fresh parsley, chopped
Season the beef with the black pepper.
Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned, stirring often. Remove the beef from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onion and cook until tender.
Stir in the soup, water, sherry, if desired, and tomato paste and heat to a boil. Return the beef to the skillet and cook until the beef is cooked through. Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the yogurt. Serve the beef mixture over the noodles and sprinkle with the parsley.