We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"These old-fashioned Porcupine Meatballs are a retro classic that will soon become a favorite for your family, too! The oven-baked meatballs are made with ground beef, rice, onion and seasoning and cooked in a rich tomato sauce. It's an easy dinner recipe that's ready for the oven with just 10 minutes of prep! Porcupine Meatballs originated during the Great Depression, when rice was affordable and readily available, but meat was pricey. By adding rice to a classic meatball recipe, home cooks could bulk up the meal and stretch a small amount of beef a little bit further. They are so good, simple and quick to prepare, and a great family-friendly option if you've got picky eaters at home! "
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time1 hr
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Southern Red Velvet Cake
- Air Fryer Mince Pies
- Cranberry Sauce Bars
- Coconut Date Balls
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- No-knead Rosemary Bread
- Dehydrated Pear Chips
- Santa Hat Rice Krispie Treats
- Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats
- Eggnog Cookies
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes