Salted Peanut Chews
For a salty and sweet treat, try this recipe for Salted Peanut Chews. These dessert bars start with a cookie crust, then have a layer of fluffy marshmallow, and are finished off with a chewy peanut topping. Three delicious layers make for one amazing bar.
Cooking Time17 min
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cups peanuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9"x13" pan.
- In a mixer, mix all the crust ingredients together, except the marshmallows. Press into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the marshmallows. Return to the oven for another 1-2 minutes, until the marshmallows are puffy.
- In a sauce pan, heat the corn syrup, butter, and peanut butter chips together until the chips are melted. Add the vanilla, Rice Krispies, and peanuts.
- Spread the peanut mixture over the marshmallows and chill until firm. Cut into 36 bars.
Read Next3-Layer No Bake Dream Bars