Chess Pie Bars
All good Southern cooks know that chess pie recipes are code for "just" pie. Bar cookie recipes don't get much simpler or tastier than these Chess Pie Bars, but there's nothing "just" about them. They are so good, they'll vanish before you know it!
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 13x9-inch cake pan.
- Mix melted butter, cake mix, and 1 egg into a moist dough.
- Press dough into pan.
- Beat cream cheese with 3 eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Beat in sugar and beat until smooth, several minutes.
- Pour over crust. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Read NextGingerbread Cookie Bars