Apricot Oatmeal Bars
This recipe provides a granola bars how to, so you can make organic homemade granola bars. Making granola bars has never been so easy. Gain the knowledge on how to make healthy granola bars.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, snipped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or milk
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine egg, brown sugar, yogurt, molasses, and oil. Stir into flour mixture; mix well. Stir in oats, apricots, and raisins.
3. Spread in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
4. For glaze, stir together powdered sugar and enough orange juice or milk to make of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bars.
Read NextGranny's Beloved Peanut Butter Bars