Chinese Stir Fried Potatoes with Pork
For an absolutely irresistible Asian recipes dish you gotta check out this Chinese Stir-Fried Potatoes with Pork. At my house we voted this a pork stir fry recipe like no other.
- 150 grams or 5.29 ounces, very thinly sliced pork fillet
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 500 grams or 1 lb and 1.63 oz (waxy) potatoes
- 1 cup good stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut the thick slices of pork into small pieces, place in a bowl and sprinkle with sugar, soy sauce, cornflour and 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil.
- Mix well by hand to ensure even coating. Peel the potatoes and boil until just tender.
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in the wok, add the marinated pork and stir-fry lightly over a high flame.
- After 2-3 minutes, add the potatoes and stir-fry. Pour in the stock, season with sugar and salt.
- Cover and turn down the heat; continue cooking for a short while until the meat and potatoes are tender and have absorbed the seasoning.