Quick Lemon Rice Soup
This healthy soup with kale, rice and a splash of lemon juice is great for vegetarians. Whip together this quick soup in about 15 minutes with leftover rice.
Cooking Time15 min
- 1 onion or 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 cups fresh kale, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 3 cups pre-cooked rice
- 8 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- In a large pot, saute onion, kale, and seasonings in 1/3 cup vegetable broth over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes longer. Serve warm.