Baked Italian Eggplant Skillet with Tofu
Love Eggplant Parmigiana but want to spare yourself some calories? This hearty and satisfying recipe - which is baked instead of fried - should do the trick!
Cooking Time35 min
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 eggplant, diced in 1/4 cubes
- 8 ounces can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 boullion granules
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning or 1/4 teaspoon each oregano/basil/thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound tofu, mashed well with a fork
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Saute onion and garlic in oil in a large oven-proof skillet over med heat.
- Add eggplant, tomato sauce, water, bouillon, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- While eggplant is simmering, mix tofu and eggs. When the eggplant has simmered for 10 min, stir in the tofu mixture. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.
Read NextSeitan Pepperoni