Lean, Mean Green Bean Pie
It's easy being green with this recipe for Lean, Mean Green Bean Pie. Look out, green bean casserole! This fresh green bean recipe is so tasty, it could take your place at the next holiday meal!
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, French cut
- 4 ounces mushroom stems and pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 10 x 1 1/2-inch pie plate.
- Heat beans and 1 inch salted water (1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water) to boiling. Cook uncovered 5 minutes. Cover and cook until tender, 5 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Mix beans, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and cheese in plate. Beat remaining ingredients until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high or 1 minute with hand beater. Pour into plate.
- Bake until knife inserted between center and edge comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
Read NextSouthern Succotash