Adding Apple-Glazed Carrots to your holiday meal is a great way to add vegetables without adding another vegetable casserole. Casserole side dishes are great, but they can be heavy - especially when they're served at a big meal like Thanksgiving. This carrot side dish is lighter and so delicious. The carrots' natural sweetness is complemented by its apple glaze. These carrots are truly terrific and would make a great addition to your holiday dinner menu. Whether you make them for Thanksgiving, Easter, or a family dinner, they'll really hit the spot.
Be sure to check out our whole collection of 12 easy Easter recipes!
Cooking Time25 min
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound baby carrots or sliced carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 1 cup apple juice, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon green onion, minced tops
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots and saute until carrots begin to brown slightly, about 8 minutes.
- Add apple juice and honey and bring to boil. Reduce heat and add the brown sugar. Simmer until carrots are tender and liquid is reduced to glaze, stirring occasionally, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with green onion tops and serve.