Vegan Taco Filling
Tacos are easy and super tasty, but usually filled with ground meat and cheese. This fast easy vegan recipe is a great way to get that delicious taco taste without the animal products. Frugal vegan recipes rarely taste this good.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein, sprinkled with soy sauce then reconstituted with boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- Saute the onion until transparent, then add the garlic. Saute briefly, then add the textured vegetable protein and the spices. Saute until dry.
- To make the tacos, add some or all of the following to the filling base, assembling individual tacos at the table. Makes a terrific meal to serve to guests with a salad and some refried beans, or rice, or grains, or any mixture.
Read NextStuffed Cabbage Casserole